Music Performance & Appreciation

Very often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey. We invite you to journey with us... Sign up to connect with Rhythm MP


Introduction

This is a journey of love, passion and faith. It is a journey that tells how I used all my God-given talents to the fullest; to reach out, to enjoy, to touch, to move, to share, to learn, and finally to appreciate “All the wonderful things God, the Almighty is doing for me”!

I never thought of a career in Music. It was the last thing on my mind as I was more focused on academic excellence. Music, in my parent’s and my mind, was only a relaxing, additional extracurricular activity a girl should learn. I never knew what I had in store. I was given the usual piano lessons and always seemed to have excelled in my lower grades in exams, always my teacher’s best pupil. But it meant nothing to me. It was all about certificates, papers, exams and performance. I was the youngest pupil to be awarded a diploma in my secondary school days. I started serving in the church choir, playing the organ at the age of 12. It was a challenge for me, as the choir often sang Handel’s Messiah and other challenging choruses and I had to be the accompanist. Again, it was just fun to be playing challenging stuff. My journey in music was always easy, fun, and enjoyable.

After my college days, while waiting to begin medical studies in Australia, my dad brought me to consult a doctor friend about my choice of a career in medicine. Somehow, during the conversation, it dawned on me that perhaps my calling was not in the medical profession. That was when I decided that music is where my heart and passion lies, and that is what I want to do for the rest of my life. That very night, my musical journey began.

Dr. Geraldine Law-Lee, Fri 20/07/2007

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dr Geraldine

    Thank you so much for reading this.

    I'm Rina from Indonesia. This coming 23rd July, I'll attend your Session in BSD Jakarta. I just wanna say I'm really looking forward to hearing your sharing as we use your 'Step By Step' here and we really like it so much !

    I should say it's not easy to make good piano book. So that's great you made it ! It's really help us in teaching piano.


    Warm Regards
    Rina Pulungan
    Petrof Pamulang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rina,

    On behalf of Rhythm MP and Dr. Geraldine, I would like to apologise as the event has been cancelled due to the tragic bombing in Jakarta on 17 July 2009.

    We will try to re-arrange the event or even hold other events in the future.

    Thank you so much for your interest and please keep in mind for our next activities.

    Kind regards,
    Yuni
    Rhythm MP - Jakarta

    ReplyDelete