Music Performance & Appreciation

Very often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey. We invite you to journey with us... Sign up to connect with Rhythm MP


Chapter 1: Making a decision

I had to make the biggest decision of my life when choosing a career. I turned to God to help me make the bold decision of a totally different choice just after consulting a lady doctor about pursuing a career in Medicine and Science. Of course, my parents were disappointed but I assured them I would try to make a huge success out of Music. From that day on, I was out to live my promise and my dream. I sought divine blessings from God, the giver of talents, for my choice of career and above all, more talent and confidence for success in the field of music.

It was certainly no easy task. As with all decisions in life, once made, there was no turning back. If undecided and confused, we must ask ourselves: What is it that we really want to do? What are we passionate about? What do we see ourselves doing in 10 years? Against all odds, leave out financial considerations when making emotional decisions. After which, find a solution to problems and take the best step after careful considerations. Financial problems must never cloud the genuine feel of the heart. That was just what I did! Though I did not have enough funds to study abroad then, it never deterred me. That was just me; always positive, always optimistic, always full of faith.

A decision should be based on genuine love, passion and desire. So was mine and nothing was going to change it. I was eager though I felt somewhat helpless at that time. But there was one thing I knew. Nothing was going to stop me then. There were no other requirements for the decision. I only had passion, desire, love, confidence and commitment. No costs, no plans, no tools for the journey. It will all come.

Dr. Geraldine Law- Lee, Fri 20/07/2007

1 comment:

  1. Dear Dr. Geraldine,

    I started to play piano when i was 18years old. I love piano.The sound make me feels good and i thought that's the thing i should be doing in my life. I always imagining myself playing in the hotel n restaurant in the future.I practiced 3-5hours a day.
    Then i got an offering letter frm a University. I feel reluctant but my family expected me to enter uni so i did. So i take the path that most people take and thought i will forget about it. For this 3years, People have been asking me what do you want to do when you finished your studies. I answered 'well i guess i got to look for job to earn money' but i see myself playing piano in the hotel. I cried when i see this instrument in front of me but i could not play like i used to be. I wish i could turn back n pursue this instrument. Dr Geraldine, i hope to have an advice in matter of this.

    ReplyDelete